Generations at Work…Generations we Serve
Generation X, Generation Y, Millennials, Boomers…a recipe for cooperation or disaster?
A lack of awareness of generational differences and effective communication between generations will impact your company with:
- Lost Sales
- Poor customer service
- High turnover rate
- Tangible costs (i.e. recruitment, hiring, training, retention)
- Intangible costs (i.e. morale)
- Grievances and complaints
- Negative perceptions of fairness and equity
There are now four generations in the workplace/marketplace with different expectations, motivations, attitudes, and behaviors. This workshop is an action-packed 1/2 day program with proven strategies and techniques to help leaders/managers understand these generational differences. It will equip you to handle generational situations with increased insight. It will build internal teamwork/cooperation and help your company win customers and reduce lost sales. Topics include:
- When Generations Collide
- What’s in it for you? Benefits of understanding generational differences
- How generations differ and why does it matter?
- Understanding Baby Boomers 1946 – 1964
- Understanding Generation X 1965 – 1982
- Understanding Generation Y 1983- 1997
- Understanding Millennials 1998 – ?
- Practical case scenarios at work
- Motivational buttons for each generation
- Trends towards the future
- Communication tips for each generation
- Summary of differences
- 10 Leadership essentials for all generations
- Where do I go from here?
Benefits of this workshop include:
- Gain respect/appreciation for each generation
- More effective communication/fewer misunderstandings
- Increased recruitment and employee retention
- More effective motivational methods
- Increased productivity and teamwork
- Better customer service